Patients Billing Policy
Salveo Billing Information For Patients
EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/1/2019
Salveo Diagnostics, Inc. has enacted a simple, fair billing policy to deliver high-quality and affordable testing to all patients.
COMMERCIAL HEALTH INSURANCE (patients with PPO plans)
Salveo will bill the patient’s insurance provider as an out-of-network laboratory. The patient will receive an initial payment notification via email.
- Patients with HMO plans can only use cash pay. Please refer to the “Cash Pay” section below.
- Patients covered by commercial health insurance must provide current insurance and personal contact information (valid email address and phone number) clearly on the test requisition.
Initial payments are due within 14 days of sample collection: $99 for any blood test order (excluding FoodSense) or $149 for any stool test order (except for patients on traditional Medicare plans, from whom no initial payment is required).
- If the RBC Fatty Acid Profile is ordered along with other blood tests (excluding FoodSense) , the initial payment is $125.
Customized Testing Packages
Based on medical necessity, each ordering clinician may create customized Salveo test profiles by arrangement with their Salveo Sales Representative. Examples of customized test profiles are available upon request.
Insurance Plan Coverage
If your patient has made their initial payment and their insurance has covered the full cost of their Salveo testing, their total payment responsibility will have been met and they will not receive any additional bills from Salveo. If your patient’s plan does not cover the full cost of their testing, they will receive an additional bill. Clinicians may ask their Salveo Sales Representative for the average amount of a patient’s responsibility based on historical data.
If your patient has questions regarding their bill, they should contact our Billing Department at 844-725-8365.
CASH PAY (patients without health insurance or with HMO plans)
Cash pay applies if your patient elects to pay for testing without submitting a claim to their insurance company. Patients with HMO plans must use cash pay.
- Patients will receive an invoice for the full cash amount, which will be due within 30 days. A finance charge equal to 1.5% will be added to all past due invoices.
Cash Pay Prices
FoodSense™ Food Sensitivity Profile: $249 (when no other blood test is ordered)
RBC Fatty Acids w/ Omega-3 Index (blood): $99 (when no other blood test is ordered)
Adrenal Health Profile (saliva) – Cortisol (x4 timepoints) + DHEA (x1 timepoint): $99
* only available as a cash pay test
Salveo Customized Testing Packages
Each ordering clinician can create customized Salveo test profiles with discounted cash pay prices by contacting their Sales Representative. Salveo also offers standard cash pay gut health profiles and disease-focused test profiles. Examples are available upon request.
Shipping & Handling Fees
- A shipping and handling fee is required for à la carte testing cash pay transactions.
- For customized test profiles ordered in the contiguous United States, the shipping and handling fee is included in the price.
If the insurance company sends a check directly to your patient as payment for our services, your patient must either:
- Write “Pay to the Order of Salveo Diagnostics, Inc.” on the back of the check, sign it, and then mail the check to us, OR
- Send payment to Salveo Diagnostics, Inc. equal to the amount they received from the insurance company, along with a copy of their Explanation of Benefits.
All checks must be mailed to:
SALVEO DIAGNOSTICS INC.
PO BOX 65064
BALTIMORE, MD 21264-5064.
If your patient does not send payment within 30 days of receiving the check, Salveo reserves the right to use a third party (e.g., collection agency) to collect payment.
For additional payment methods please see Ways To Submit Payment below.
MEDICARE AND MEDICAID PATIENTS
- For Medicare patients, NO initial payment is required when any blood or stool test is ordered.
- Medicaid patients from the states of KS, NE, SC, and NC do not need to provide an initial payment when any blood or stool test is ordered but will be billed if Medicaid assigns a part of the service as patient responsibility.
- Patients with other state Medicaid programs please refer to Cash Pay options on page 1.
MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PROGRAMS AND TRICARE PATIENTS
Please refer to the “Commercial Health Insurance” section above.
PAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Patients who are unable to pay for Salveo testing due to financial hardship may be eligible to apply for our Payment Assistance Program by contacting the Salveo Billing Department at 844-725-8365.
HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT (HSA) / HEALTH REIMBURSEMENT ACCOUNT (HRA)
If your patient is currently enrolled in an HSA/HRA account, it is important that they understand how their insurance company will process their laboratory claim. Upon receipt of the claim, your patient’s insurance company will determine whether to approve payment for the laboratory services provided. Based on how the HSA/HRA is structured, the insurance company may automatically debit funds from your patient’s HSA/HRA account at the tests’ list price(s) and remit payment to the laboratory without requiring consent from the patient.
WAYS TO SUBMIT PAYMENT
- Call the Salveo Billing Department at 844-725-8365
- Use the online payment portal http://salveodiagnostics.com/payment-options/
- Send a check made payable to Salveo Diagnostics to:
SALVEO DIAGNOSTICS INC.
PO BOX 65064
BALTIMORE, MD 21264-5064
If you have questions about our Billing Policy, please call Salveo Client Services at 844-725-8365.